January 7, 2011

Friday Favorites!!!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all had an awesome week! I finally got my sewing machine out and am in the process of making an apron! My first project! It's a kit that my mom got for me and I'm just thrilled that I can thread the machine and actually make a stitch! Yay!

So, here in Ohio we have had a pretty (in my opinion) bad winter already. Below normal tempuratures and above average snow fall. Yuck. Yes I think snow is pretty and all but I hate driving in it! But, I deal with it....the only plus about the snow is playing in it! And boy does Luke love the snow! That's why I loved this weeks first idea:

Check out THIS Snow Paint from the Idea Room!

Luke is going to love this idea! He loves to color (he even loves those little tablets you put in the bathtub to color the water) We just got some fresh snow yesterday, so if it hangs on, we may just have to try this this weekend!

Next up is THIS New Year's Time Capsule from kellicrowe!

Of course what first caught my eye about this project was the picture :) but then I fell in love with it even more because it's a time capsule! She is doing this for every decade, which would be so neat!

And last but not least I wanted to share The Daily 7 that I found on Totally Together Journal!
This is basically 7 things you should do everyday to make your household run smoother.

Number 1: Make Beds Right Away
Number 2: Do One Complete Load of Laundry
Number 3: Empty All Garbage Cans
Number 4: Keep Your Kitchen Sink Empty
Number 5: Clean Up After Yourself and Help Children Do the Same
Number 6: Bathroom Wipe-Down
Number 7: Before Bed 10-Minute Clean Up

I really like this idea. I need to get a better routine in the morning. I hate mornings simply because I feel like it is an hour and a half of running around and racing to work. The only problem that I would have with this is: it is only Luke and I so we don't need to do one load of laundry a day or empty out the garbage cans everyday. Other than that we can totally benefit from doing the rest of these. And definitely the 10 minute clean up! That would help out tremendously with making my morning run a whole lot smoother. You can check out her post (link above) and read more in depth about why each of these will help! She also has a lot of information on meal planning and things like that too!

So there you have it, a couple activities to do with the family and one great resource for running a smooth household! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!


0 comments: